This workshop will cover safety concerns as they pertain to both construction and maintenance shop activities. Hazard identification, tire safety and heavy equipment operation are only a few of the topics that will be covered.
Who Should Attend
- Road, highway and public works supervisors
- Shop personnel and foremen
- Those who aspire to become managers
Scott Alquist is a 32 year safety professional specializing in construction safety, general industry safety and hazardous materials. Scott has completed the National Highway Institute “Train the Trainer” program and is an OSHA authorized instructor. Currently, he is the Program Manager for Truckee Meadows Community College’s Safety Center.
- Dec 11 – Elko: 8:30am-2:30pm, Great Basin College, 1500 College Pkwy, MCML 220
- Dec 12 – Reno: 8:30am-2:30pm, TMCC Meadowood Campus, 5270 Neil Rd., room 315
- Dec 13 – Tonopah: 8:30am-2:30pm, Tonopah Convention Center, 301 Brougher Ave., Blue Room – CANCELLED
Our Registration Form can be completed online, printed and submitted via email or fax.
This class is a required course in the Road Scholar program.
TMCC is an EEO/AA institution. For details, visit eeo.tmcc.edu