Snowplow Simulator Training (Reno)
November 10 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm| $350
This course is scheduled for Thursday, November 10, 2022. Four sessions are available, with up to 4 people per session: S1 8:00-10:00am, S2 10:00am-12:00pm, S3 12:30-2:30pm, S4 2:30-4:30pm. Train your snowfighters to be safe, efficient and prepared before it snows! L3Harris’s simulator will be visiting and is available for 2-hour sessions using state-of-the-art technology. Topics include:
- Understanding the definition of Decision Based Driving.
- Familiarization with the driving simulator.
- Understanding what affects our decision making process.
- The positive effects of good decision making, along with Crash Statistics.
- Understanding the acronym SMART as a basis for Decision Based Driving.
- Improving hazard awareness levels by using proper scanning/searching techniques while plowing the road.
- Identifying and properly assessing hazards.
- Understanding the effects of changing vehicle dynamics while plowing safely.
- Understanding proactive vs. reactive driving.
- Utilizing alternate driving strategies (Speed/Space management).
- Expecting the unexpected: possible white outs.
- Completing the computer based training covering Safe Plowing.
- Demonstrating competency in decision driving by successfully showing improvements with the PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER final drive.