Pavement Marking Installation and Maintenance: Session 3 – Applying and Inspecting Pavement Markings
August 3 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
This course is divided into 3 stand-alone modules. You may choose to attend just one or all three.
Session 3: Applying and Inspecting Pavement Markings
Topics: Planning and documenting the project; Surface preparation; Inspection of pavement markings; Contracting out the work; Hot topics and news
- Locate and apply pavement marking specifications and standards within a variety of local, state, and federal documents.
- Explore successful practices for installing, replacing, and upgrading permanent or temporary pavement markings.
- Identify critical inspection points when installing pavement markings, and explain the local, state, or federal protocols that may be used in your agency.
- List advantages and disadvantages of using contractors for pavement marking work.
- Compile a list of important considerations for specifying pavement marking work.
- Using given resources, determine whether pavement marking application examples were “good” or “bad,” and identify what should have been done to improve the “bad.”
Click here for more information.