Introduction to Construction Management – Online Part 2
September 30 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm| Free
This session is now full. The October session is open.
This 2-day workshop (delivered in 2.5-hour parts) introduces essential components of the construction management process. By applying the information learned in the workshop, you can improve how you manage project risks, communications, delivery, and scheduling. By the end the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Compare common project delivery methods.
- Describe the relationships among owner, contractor, and engineer on public works construction projects.
- Describe common types of contract-required documentation.
- Explain the importance of communication with a contractor and stakeholders.
- Identify methods for selecting a construction contractor.
- Describe the function of a quality assurance program.
Anyone managing public works construction projects who needs to develop construction management skills or wants to improve specific aspects of their project management approach. This may include engineers, designers, construction inspectors, engineering consultants, and American Public Works Association members.
This course is offered free of charge, but participants must still register to reserve a seat.
Introduction to Construction Management is an elective of the Road Scholar Program.