Improve worker and motorist safety with this 6-hour training!
In 2019, there were 842 fatalities in work zones across the United States. 135 of these were workers. Basic Work Zone Traffic Control aims to improve worker and motorist safety through learning the proper use of traffic control devices during road maintenance and construction operations, helping participants find out how to use specific types of traffic control devices and how to plan, set up and maintain a work zone.
Basic Work Zone Traffic Control covers the following items in detail with a fun combination of lecture and interactive activities:
- Why temporary traffic Control (TTC) is needed
- When TTC is needed and how much
- Traffic control zones
- Traffic control devices
- Set-up of traffic control zones
The workshop will bring to light the hazards that field workers face every day in construction zones.
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved with work zone traffic control can attend this class. This includes:
- Maintenance supervisors and engineers.
- Maintenance and construction crews.
- Utility employees.
Basic Work Zone Traffic Control is a required course of the Road Scholar Program.
Todd Morrison, P.E. is a road safety advocate as a speaker, workshop instructor, and online trainer. For the past 12 years, he has worked for numerous contractors, Local Technical Assistance Programs, cities, counties, and DOTs. He has taught over 500 workshops and trained over 15,000 individuals. He retired from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet after serving in the Divisions of Construction, Maintenance, and Traffic. At the Cabinet, he worked with environmental, work zone, construction and maintenance concerns as an Environmental Coordinator, Maintenance/Traffic Engineer, and as a Branch Manager for Operations. Recently, Todd served for 2 years as Kentucky’s Safety Circuit Rider helping local agencies identify low cost improvements to reduce crashes. Todd is an ATSSA certified Traffic Control Supervisor, Flagging Instructor, and Traffic Control Design Specialist.
Dates and Locations
- September 27, 2021 (8am–2pm) – Hyatt Place Reno-Tahoe Airport, 1790 E. Plumb Lane, Reno
- September 28, 2021 (8am–2pm) – Winnemucca Convention Center, 50 W. Winnemucca Blvd, Silver State Room/East Hall, Winnemucca NV
- September 29, 2021 (8am–2pm) – Red Lion, 1065 Idaho Street, Humboldt Room, Elko, NV
- September 30, 2021 (8am–2pm) – Holiday Inn Express, 1505 East Aultman Street, Ely, NV
- October 1, 2021 (8am–2pm) – Santa Fe Station, 4949 N. Rancho Drive, Pecos Room, Las Vegas
Complete the below form to register. The registration fee is $40 and is payable by check or credit card.
For check payment, send a check with a copy of your Registration confirmation email to Applied Pavement Technology, Inc., Airport Plaza Office Building, 1755 E. Plumb Lane, Suite 264, Reno, Nevada 89502, Attn: Tracey Smith. For credit cards (all major types accepted), you may pay using the registration form, or the option on the Training page.
Cancellations must be made one week prior to the workshop to receive a 50% refund. Substitutions are accepted. No shows will forfeit their registration fee. For questions, please call 775-420-4811 or email email@example.com.