Introduction to Construction Management – Las Vegas
July 9 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm| Free
This 1-day workshop introduces essential components of the construction management process. By applying the information learned in the workshop, you can improve how you manage project risks, communications, delivery, and scheduling. By the end the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the relationships among owner, contractor, and engineer on public works construction projects.
- Describe how to build and lead highly effective teams.
- Compare common project delivery methods (Design-Bid-Build, Construction Manager at Risk, and Construction Manager/General Contractor).
- Describe common types of contract documentation.
- Identify methods for selecting a construction contractor.
Anyone managing public works construction projects who needs to develop construction management skills or wants to improve specific aspects of their project management approach. This may include engineers, designers, construction inspectors, engineering consultants, and American Public Works Association members.
This course is offered free of charge, but participants must still register to reserve a seat.