Introduction to Construction Management (Las Vegas)
July 14 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm| $30
This course is scheduled for July 14, 2022 (9 am–3 pm PT with a noon-hour break.)
This workshop introduces essential components of the construction management process. By applying the information learned in the workshop, you can improve how you manage project risks, communications, delivery, and scheduling.
By the end the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Compare common project delivery methods.
- Describe the relationships among owner, contractor, and engineer on public works construction projects.
- Describe common types of contract-required documentation.
- Explain the importance of communication with a contractor and stakeholders.
- Identify methods for selecting a construction contractor.
- Describe the function of a quality assurance program.
Anyone managing public works construction projects who needs to develop construction management skills or wants to improve specific aspects of their project management approach. This may include:
- Construction Inspectors.
- Engineering Consultants.
- American Public Works Association Members.